Workbook Lesson 2A—Review of Basic Grammar
|Student's Name: _____________________________|
Perform the following exercises with the help of Grammar 1—Review of Basic Grammar.
A) Identify the part of speech of each of the following words:
1) pencil _____________
2) you _____________
3) John ___________
4) write __________
5) is ___________
6) large ___________
7) with ___________
8) slowly ___________
9) camera __________
10) theocratic __________
B) In the sentences below underline the subject once, the direct object (if present) twice, and the indirect object (if present) thrice:
1) I saw John.
2) Anna gave me the pencil.
3) Mary loves John.
4) Him the bandits killed.
5) The teddies loves Mr. Bean.
6) We are studying Russian.
7) On me lies a great responsibility.
C) Draw a line between each adjective and the noun which it modifies:
1) The white bear crossed the cold stream.
2) Draw with a red pencil.
3) Narrow the gate and cramped the way leading off into life.
4) My hat is black.
D) Draw a line between each preposition and its object.
1) He arrived in a car.
2) She drew with a red pencil.
3) On me lies a great responsibility.